Fillings Matched to Your Tooth’s Color
Composite fillings also provide an excellent seal on the affected area, so that tooth decay can be prevented. The factors that go into our decision to use composite fillings include:
- The size of the area that needs to be filled.
- The location of the affected area in the mouth (i.e., a tooth that is heavily relied on for chewing).
- Allergies the patient might have.
- The preference of the patient regarding the use of metals.
- If it is necessary cosmetically to have a tooth-colored filling.